Tuesday, February 1, 2011


A Day Off, Most Welcome!

The scheduled day off in Nelson offered several options, including riding up around the coast. We, however, opted for a day on our feet instead, and it felt wonderful to move the lower halves of our bodies for a change. What a beautiful city! The more time we spend in this lovely country, the more time I want to spend. David is looking at real estate ads in every window.

Walking past a row of historical houses on the way to dinner tonight, we passed the strangest tree I've ever seen -- the bark looks like it's wearing military fatigues.


Up the row of cottages, built for workers in the mid-1800s, a black cat with big green eyes came out to say hello. It gave me a long story about how I should bring my black cat and come to live here, offered its ears for a rub, and then said goodnight. So shall we. Back on the bikes tomorrow.



No comments: